Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dislike

I really dislike when a book changes it's cover to an image of the upcoming movie. When shopping at one of the last standing Border's over the weekend, I noticed Water for Elephants changed the cover to an image of Reese & that Edward guy from Twilight. Many of us Read Between the Wine ladies are in Advertising, so we understand...promote people to read the book quick before the movie because we all know the book will be better. Of course then at a cocktail party you can always say "Oh yeah I read that book it was so much better than the movie" and sound super smart. Don't get me wrong I want to see the movie Water for Elephants but why not just keep the normal book cover?


















I had to buy a movie cover book when we read Julie & Julia and it really made me mad, I was emabrassed reading it. I think a fellow member even made fun of me when I brought it to Book Club. And there are lots more examples....






3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Andy. We'llbe back next week with another edition of 60 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the commentary Molly and completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely HATE the book cover to movie poster switch as well. Worst.

    ReplyDelete